Friday, June 5, 2009

MY LIFE AS A CHESS GAME

I've been playing this game for over 28 years now. It never gets boring though, even if I'm bound by the rules and all the rules are still the same eversince.

I play it myself and the pieces I move is me. If you've seen how wizard's chess was played in Harry Potter. It's kinda like that and even more.The good thing is I'm not limited to moves made by the other chess pieces like the pawn, the knight, the bishop and the rook The move I make is entirely mine, depending on the previous move by my opponent. Trying to stay ahead. I'm not that competitive but I do believe that it's a dog eat dog world out there and you should always be on top of your game if you want to survive. Touch move still applies though. I can not undo a move that's already made but I make sure to do better on the next one. Most of the times I hang by the thread but hey, cut me some slack. It happens to the best of us right? It's always trial and error no matter how good my preparations were. Learning from experience is still the key.

Sometimes sacrifices need to be made in order to achieve one goal and one goal alone and that is to out think my opponent on the least amount of time. And sometimes these sacrifices cost me more than just chess pieces. In the process, I lost some friends, even loved ones.

Checkmate is not an option. It never is. Not for me.

This may not only be true for me but for all of us. For us who prefer to live a calculated life. I suggest we all deviate from it and start living each day on our own phase. Let not the clock hinder us from taking time to make the next move but cautious enough to realize that every day is a day towards the end. And one more thing, the opponent is merely a reflection of ourselves, besides after every chess game played you earn not only respect but a friend on the opposite side of the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment