Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Maundy Thursday

Woke up feeling gloomy today, Maybe its because of how i woke up. I jumped out of bed thinking if the pasta is already spoiled. Lynzie and I took out some pasta and burger at jollibee lastnight and i promised her to finish the rest of the spaghetti, and that's what i had for breakfast today. As always i was thinking of ways on how to improve the traffic on my site and if i should continue printing shirts. Ahh too many questions. Tried cleaning up a bit while watching whats on TV. Some re-runs on net25.
I promised Lynzie that I'll pick her up after her shift so i hurriedly did my chores and got ready thinking that i might have a hard time hitching a ride cause of the occasion. Fortunately Jeepneys and public vehicles are still on the road. Siguro Yung iba humahabol pa ng panggastos. Good thing I was just in time. Since there are no malls that are open today we decided to have lunch at Fast Bytes. Told her that most Fast foods are still open today.

We decided to try Mongolian Quick-Stop. This wasn't our first time here. If I could remember correctly it was the second but the first was to go. I noticed a sign that there's a smoking area on the 2nd floor. Well that's good. An Establishment that caters to both smokers and non-smokers. I ordered Beef Teriyaki. I played it safe. Hehehe I don't want to experiment this time since its Lynzie who's paying. To my surprise the place don't have an open area on the 2nd floor unlike the fast foods that surround the place. I immediately asked where is the smoking area? Lynzie said the entire 2nd floor is. Ahhh even better. Cause Smokers encounter the problem with fast foods and buffets that don't have a smoking area. How can we eat our hearts out if we cant even take a break from the chow. But with this one problem solved. I really cant see why smokers and non smokers cant share a single establishment. It has been done before why not do it now. Good thinking for the staff and management. Keeping in mind that majority of the market in Northgate are smokers.

Going back to the food hmm its good but just like Lynzie said it's not that fulfilling. Like ordering Chinese food comes with all the grease and stuff. By the way we were the only ones occupying the 2nd floor that time. We ordered a bottomless drink. We even asked the crew who served the food whats the bottomless and whats not but they didn't even bother coming up to check if customers need a refill. I mark them down for that. Customer service is poor. The restroom was yucky as per Lynzie so i didn't bother check.

After lunch we decided to check a stall in Alabang Public Market. The one that sells Pirated products like Dvds and Audio Cds. This was an act of desperation on our part. We don't have anywhere to go to and there's nothing to watch. Fortunately it was open but it was Pandemonium. We didn't dare squeezing are butts in there in this heat. I can only imagine how the exchange of bodily fluids between customers to customers take place in that very crumpy stall.

My realizations today. Man has got to eat right? So even though tradition dictates that we share in the seasons spirit , who can stop a business from opening? Good thing for us who got left behind here in the metro. Cause not everyone could afford a grand vacation out of town.

Published on: Apr 9, 2009 @ 9:58

No comments:

Post a Comment