Monday, March 8, 2010

Percy Jackson

I just met Percy Jackson today. Though many of you have seen it in theaters. Me, I took my time and got acquainted with him through DVD. Not my first choice off course but I stuck with my gut that it'll keep me fascinated somehow. Though he was not as legendary as the infamous Harry Potter nor as cute and lovable as the vampire Edward Cullen but the thing that got me glued to my seat was my friends interest with Greek mythology. I suddenly remembered some familiar names... Names that he knew by heart. Like Zeus, Poseidon, Hades, and the likes.

Thanks Gene. We actually discussed it for days. He even showed me some illustrations from his comic books which was off course in Korean. It was like he was telling me the legends from his home town. I'm pretty sure that he'll be interested with it as well. I can't wait to tell him this later.

Well, anyways going back, Percy was okay. Plus Annabeth, daughter of Athena looked a lot like our very own Anna Roces. The story line though was quite predictable because it was tailored to meet the characters and the plot of the original thing. All in all, its just as exciting to watch as its magical counterparts. I haven't read the book yet so I still have no way of saying whether this is one of those that are better read than watched novels. But one thing is for sure though, Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief is a sure fire way for the kids to anticipate Greek literature before they even get to look for them on their school libraries.



No comments:

Post a Comment