Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boo for Globe Duo!

Photo from Google Image Bank

I was very disappointed with this service. I guess that proves that Media Adeverstisement is not everything. I can't be at the office today so I thought might as well take advantage of this service so that I could still do my work. Eager to try it out I registered only to find out that I won't be able to use it after all since according to 2 CSR's, they're currently doing some enhancements. This means that I won't be able to call pldt landlines. WTF! Am I really that unlucky?

One more thing is that during the 1st call with a CSR named Hazel, she kept on asking st*pid questions like are you calling a PLDT landline number MR. Coronel? What?! How the hell should I know? As far as I'm concerned as long as the area code is 02 it doesn't really matter right? Since according to them once registered you can call from your cellphone to any landline (PLDT, Duo, Bayantel, Etc.). The best recommendation was to monitor it for 24 hours. So instead of convenience I now have another resposiblity to babysit and monitor their enhancement. That's what my 25 peso bought. though she (Hazel) assured me that if I won't be able to use it I will be credited 25 pesos. So I asked a very sensible question. "What if the service resumes at around 12 midnight?" (I registered around 9:30AM) Again she reassures me that the 25 pesos will still be credited back. Which I highly doubt.

The solution I have in mind now is to just cancel the entire service and have them credit back the 25 pesos. You might think that I'm a stiff but I really am. Hehehe. Value for money right? So I called again. This time I was able to talk to Miles, who again reiterated to me the entire enhancement churva. I really am no longer interested in continuing the service. We ended on a good note though.

It's just so frustrating that these types of services sometimes are very unreliable. No matter what you see on television.

UPDATE:

This is what I like about Globe, when they say that they'll credit you back a certain amount they do it.

I was waiting for the confirmation that miles was talking about when she said she'll just cancel the service. I almost lost hope but then I received the charge back. Though I never received the notification, it was good enough. A friend of mine commented that this has been a problem that was going on for this service for the past 2 weeks. According to her sources (forum boards), PLDT was blocking calls from Duo since many of their prepaid subscribers are now switching. Then if these are true I may be wrong about the whole thing after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment